4k HD monitor CANT set 60Hz refresh rate.

brryaaann

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
I have a problem trying to set my 4k HD monitor to 60Hz refresh rate. Max it can go now is only 30Hz.

the monitor is running on the integrated graphics card and not my NVIDIA one. i cant seem to change it and it seems to be the problem.

graphics card im using is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M,
integrated card - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

my setup is mini display to HDMI 2.0 on the monitor

would appreciate any help
thanks

brryaaann

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016

mini display to hdmi adapter with hdmi 2.0 cable

i checked and it says 4khd compatible supposedly but doesnt seem to be working
i also realised that the monitor is running on Intel integrated Graphics, which doesnt support 4khd, cant seem to get them to run on my Nvidia.

what should i do?

Cinderblox

Reputable
Jan 11, 2016
What is your monitor? what inputs does it have?
And I take we are talking about a laptop?(870M card)

+ laptop to 4k? Your GPU is working on your laptop but it works together with the integrated one. In some cases you can't monitor it. I speak from experience with my own laptop.

If your laptop caps at 30 fps because of your integrated screen it will probably keep being capped at that(first look if your integrated screen reaches 60hz)

brryaaann

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016

monitor is 49" Crossover.
inputs are, Display port, HDMI 2.0, HDMI MHL, 2x HDMI.
yes my integrated screen can do 60hz.
yes laptop to 4k.
i even bought another wire, display port to display port cable., set the screen to 1.2 DP, tried to connect. The weird part was that i can change the settings to 4k reso + 60hz, it has the option for 60hz, but my monitor doesnt show anything just black and lots of sound, like its constantly changing resolution, sound of small electrical bursts
. Checked the specs and this montior definitely can do 60hz at 4k.

Then I reconnect back to HDMI 2.0 cable to minidisplay port, showed 4k reso but only 30hz. didn even have the option to choose 60hz.

if any one know please help.. felt like i bought this monitor for nothing lol