[SOLVED] 4K HDR1000 - Worth it?

Rocksy

Prominent
Jan 25, 2020
I dont know if purchase one of these:

PG27UQ

ACER X27

Because this two was the only monitors in the market that supports this HDR10.

you think it was say that this two was the best and a lot better than the others?
After how much time you think that releases new budget monitors that gives the same specs and quality?

I need strong GPU in the next gen?

I can run modern games for few years on 4K on maybe got QHD good one?

It was expensive...

Solution
I think right now there is a lot of marketing going on with monitors. 4k, 512 LED zones, HDR 1000, 240hz. Regardless you are making tradeoffs. IMO if you are not using a 27" monitor in a creative capacity, 4k is not worth it verse 1440p. Even Samsung and LG realize that 2160p just isn't worth it at that height right now. I am looking at Samsung's Odyssey G9 or LGs 38WN95C-W, but those won't release until the end of the month and its best to let early adopters see if there are issues. These ones have a lot less tradeoffs and run around $1500. I wouldn't get the G7 just because it's a bit too small a monitor for the extreme curve it has.
If you want more contrast get a VA panel. If you want more color accuracy get an IPS panel.
When it...

mihen

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
I think right now there is a lot of marketing going on with monitors. 4k, 512 LED zones, HDR 1000, 240hz. Regardless you are making tradeoffs. IMO if you are not using a 27" monitor in a creative capacity, 4k is not worth it verse 1440p. Even Samsung and LG realize that 2160p just isn't worth it at that height right now. I am looking at Samsung's Odyssey G9 or LGs 38WN95C-W, but those won't release until the end of the month and its best to let early adopters see if there are issues. These ones have a lot less tradeoffs and run around $1500. I wouldn't get the G7 just because it's a bit too small a monitor for the extreme curve it has.
If you want more contrast get a VA panel. If you want more color accuracy get an IPS panel.
When it comes to HDR, HDR 600 and HDR 1000 are practically the same with the difference being the maximum brightness you can achieve. To me 350 nits is already plenty bright. Can't imagine going 1000 nits.
HDR True Black is the ultimate for HDR regardless of standard, but that's OLED or an equivalent. There are no practical computer monitors of that rating.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS