4K LG TV scaling issues

Nightsaberr

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
Hi guys.
I'll try to describe my problem as best as I can, because this is my last chance after spending literally days searching through forums. I own an LG 49UB820V-ZH and it's connected to my PC through a HDMI cable. Few days ago I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and since then the scaling is all messed up. No matter what I set my resolution to, the desktop always fits the screen (no black borders). I didn't have this problem on Win7, if I set it on 4k resolution, the screen would fit perfectly, but on 1920x1080 there were black borders and I was fine with it (still don't have the proper hardware to run it at 4k) because the games fitted perfectly. On Win10 however, if I set the ingame resolution to 1920x1080 all of the edges are cut off by around 2 cm (desktop is still stretched throughout the screen and the edges are fine).

Things I've tried so far:
Adjusting the TV aspect ration: Can't adjust it (grayed out) but it's set to Just Scan
Adjusting Windows scaling: It only scales the icons, taskbar, text
Adjusting the scaling options in AMD CCC: set at 0%, but cranking it up towards underscale (10% max and all the steps from 0 to 10%) doesn't change the cut edges e.g. it only adds black borders without changing said edges.

A great example is Dota 2: If I set the resolution to 1920x1080 the 2 cm edges are there, but setting it to 2560x1440 makes the buttons unclickable (I have to bring the mouse 2-3 cm diagonally from the button in order to click it)

I don't know if this will make any sense, but if you need me to add some more info, feel free to tell me.

Thank you in advance

EDIT: I just noticed another weird thing. When I run Battlefield Hardline, the scaling is fine on 1920x1080 while in the menu but once I start playing, the scaling changes.