4K Monitor Help

Mitch1999

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
I'm looking to get a 4K UHD monitor for the upcoming Xbox One X and my GPU upgrade and I'm struggling to find a monitor with HDR capabilities that isn't too big for a desk setup. Ideally I would like a 27 or 28inch monitor that is 4K UHD, HDR, IPS and 5ms response time if possible. I'm really struggling to find one anywhere. If anyone can help me find one that would be great. (Also I should note I am purely looking for 4K monitors not 1440p) The monitor I currently have in mind is the PG27AQ but that is not HDR capable.

Solution

There aren't any monitors that support HDR other than the Dell UP2718Q which is around $2000, though you can find lots of monitors that claim to support HDR but actually don't.

My advice is not to bother with HDR...

There aren't any monitors that support HDR other than the Dell UP2718Q which is around $2000, though you can find lots of monitors that claim to support HDR but actually don't.

My advice is not to bother with HDR right now, it's going to be probably a few years until HDR displays are available and affordable, in the meantime all you're going to find is fake HDR claims which are exactly the same as normal monitors.

Solution