Question [4k Monitor Issues] Forcing Borderless Fullscreen Games into True Full Screen?

Afurosuto

Prominent
Aug 11, 2022
Hi,

So I am using a 4k Samsung TV as my monitor, and the problem with this for gaming was :
  • My PC is not strong enough to fully use 4k res on game resolution
  • I set my desktop res 3840 x 2160 (Native)
  • I usually set my fullscreen res in games to 1080p
  • Some games full screen are not True Fullscreen, rather its borderless fullscreen which makes the game goes into the same resolution as my desktop (4K)
The question is : Can I make a borderless fullscreen into true fullscreen so that I can force my game into 1080p?

Afurosuto

Prominent
Aug 11, 2022
Have you tried looking for a render scale setting?
Hi, did u mean the in the Nvidia settings?
Yeah, I did.

The problem with Borderlesss Fullscreen was, I can't change the resolution the one in-game options, coz it will follow the resolution of my desktop.

I know the easy way for this is just to change my desktop res to 1080p, but I kinda hope there's another solution cause it's kinda not practical.

Hi, did u mean the in the Nvidia settings?
Yeah, I did.

The problem with Borderlesss Fullscreen was, I can't change the resolution the one in-game options, coz it will follow the resolution of my desktop.

I know the easy way for this is just to change my desktop res to 1080p, but I kinda hope there's another solution cause it's kinda not practical.

Not really; most modern games do have a resolution scaling option that sort of addresses this, but outside of that there aren't many great options for forcing exclusive fullscreen.

Afurosuto

Prominent
Aug 11, 2022
Not really; most modern games do have a resolution scaling option that sort of addresses this, but outside of that there aren't many great options for forcing exclusive fullscreen.
Yes, but sadly some games aren't capable of doing that. And the game I currently played can't do that, so I was wondering if there's really no way to solve this other than changing my desktop resolution to 1080p before I play the game if i wanted to play it.