Question 4k Monitor Only Displays Game

Apr 25, 2019
Hello all,

I recently purchased a LG 4k monitor, as I’m going to be buying a new PC soon. However, I’m still currently using my Alienware 17 laptop for gaming. I previously had no luck getting my monitor to display from my PC via HDMI (the only output on the laptop). The monitor works just fine with my girlfriend’s smaller, more outdated laptop, so LG support was no help. Dell support told me to update drivers/ run BIOS, and then to take it to the repair guys because I’m out of warranty.

The monitor always gives me the “no signal”. However, today I happened upon the fact that when Overwatch is running and the monitor is connected to my PC, Overwatch shows on the monitor as well as the laptop screen. But when I return to my desktop, it’s back to no signal.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the screen mirroring system, but I’m not sure. Another thing that’s worth noting is that even if I turn my resolution up to 3840x2160, Overwatch won’t let me turn the resolution i past 1920x1080.

Anyone have any suggestions? I can’t find anything about this anywhere. While I will be getting a new PC eventually, I would like to be able to use my new monitor now if possible.

TRENDING THREADS