4k Monitor Recording Problem

hunt909

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
I recently got a brand new Samsung 4k monitor I had no issues with it until I tried recording Minecraft. I was using the program Fraps which I had been using before I got my new monitor and I was getting around 120+ FPS while recording. But when I hooked new monitor using a display port and attempted to record Minecraft I would have around 200+ FPS and it would drop down to around 15 the only way I could get it to even get above 40 FPS I would have to shrink the size of the window. I tried using Dxtory and got the same issue, I tried using the same programs to record other games way more performance heavy that Minecraft and had no issues is there anyway I can fix this problem without having to get a graphics card? And if not what graphics card is compatible with my 4k monitor? My specifications are listed below.

Asus GTX 980
i5-750
DP55KG Motherboard

Solution

miggtt699

Distinguished

First I have to say... i5 750 with a GTX 980? Wow that's insane xD

(There are no problems there though, just amazed at how you paired a first gen i5 from 2010 with a graphics card from 2014.)

And it might be that you're running into problems with bandwidth between your computer and recording drive, try and record it at 1080P with the same monitor and see if it happens.

Solution

hunt909

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015

How do I force it to record to 1080p?

miggtt699

Distinguished

Change the resolution of your game/monitor to 1920x1080