[SOLVED] 4K or 144/240 HZ

killamaching190876

Commendable
Oct 10, 2017
Hello everyone. I hope this is the right place but I am currently running an i5 8600k, GTX 1080 but am getting the 2080 with liquid cooling. 16 Gb ddr4, 1TB SSD, and a z370 aurorus mother board. My question is I am getting the new graphics card with a monitor but I dont know if I should go with 4K or a high refresh rate. I currently have a 1080P monitor with a 60 Hz. I usually play FPS but I also really enjoy fallout and things like that so I’m an all around gamer. What do you guys think? I was also seeing that there’s 240 HZ? I thought it can only go up to 144?

Thanks guys!

Solution
Depends on your definition of better. Will it allow higher framerates and smoother gameplay, yes. Will it look as good as 4k, no. Personally I'd rather play AAA titles at or near 100fps with graphics maxed out than play them at sub 60fps with medium graphics.

Also, the only 240hz monitors I'm seeing are 1080p. At that resolution and rate the games fall heavily on the CPU to keep up framerates.
Depends on your definition of better. Will it allow higher framerates and smoother gameplay, yes. Will it look as good as 4k, no. Personally I'd rather play AAA titles at or near 100fps with graphics maxed out than play them at sub 60fps with medium graphics.

Also, the only 240hz monitors I'm seeing are 1080p. At that resolution and rate the games fall heavily on the CPU to keep up framerates.

Solution