4k or 1440p monitor for office $1000

tomerwis

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015
Hi,

I'm wondering which monitor I should use for office, mainly web designs, excel and photoshop. I'm not heavy gamer but plan to kill some time with games like CS.
Budget for the monitor needs to be around $1000.

I have old graphics card and planning to upgrade it too... right now its a radeon x1900

Please give me an advice which combo of graphic card and monitor will suit best for my needs.
And if I should go with 4k or 1440p or even to stay with 1080p.

What is the best monitor inches I need if sitting away 80cm from the monitor?

Thanks for everyone that helps

Solution
id go with a 32" 1440p monitor Samsung S32d850t or BenQ BL3200pt Same panel, a VA, and much better than most of 4k stuff which is TN.

The main reason is that at that size you have no issue with scaling. In Win 10 and a lot of programs scaling is still an issue with fonts.
32" @ 1440p give of the magic dot pitch/ pixel density where everything , icons & fonts etc, is at the right size at 100%

Theres a crapload of deskspace and everything is nice and large.

If you google the monitors youll see that people were complaining about a flicker effect in late 2014 & early 2015. This has since long been fixed. It was due to driver errors.

Although i recommend asus motherboards, i would not go with asus monitors.

fredfinks

Honorable
id go with a 32" 1440p monitor Samsung S32d850t or BenQ BL3200pt Same panel, a VA, and much better than most of 4k stuff which is TN.

The main reason is that at that size you have no issue with scaling. In Win 10 and a lot of programs scaling is still an issue with fonts.
32" @ 1440p give of the magic dot pitch/ pixel density where everything , icons & fonts etc, is at the right size at 100%

Theres a crapload of deskspace and everything is nice and large.

If you google the monitors youll see that people were complaining about a flicker effect in late 2014 & early 2015. This has since long been fixed. It was due to driver errors.

Although i recommend asus motherboards, i would not go with asus monitors.

Solution