[SOLVED] 4k or ultrawide?

Solution
Look up monitor interpolation concerning resolution if you ever decide to run something at non native resolution. Basically things don’t scale properly, for example if I wanted to run 720p resolution full screen on my 1080p monitor it won’t map 1 to 1 pixel when it scales it it to fit. So it will end up blurry and a bit distorted, so native 720p ends up looking far superior to 720p on a 1080p monitor.

Just a thing to keep in mind.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
What's the resolution of the ultrawide?

I'd personally move up one step at a time. Operating on 1080p for however long you have been, and then suddenly make a huge jump and slap a 4k next to it... I would think the image quality between the two would make things a little disorienting.

Ultrawide pretty much reduces the need for multi-monitor setups, or that's how I see it, at least. So if you were to get that, then sell off the old monitor or something.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Look up monitor interpolation concerning resolution if you ever decide to run something at non native resolution. Basically things don’t scale properly, for example if I wanted to run 720p resolution full screen on my 1080p monitor it won’t map 1 to 1 pixel when it scales it it to fit. So it will end up blurry and a bit distorted, so native 720p ends up looking far superior to 720p on a 1080p monitor.

Just a thing to keep in mind.

Solution