4K video from slim Pc

timmay_650

Reputable
Dec 14, 2014
I just got a new UHD monitor but my computer wont let me get higher than 1080. I have gateway sx2865 which is a slim case. Can i put a new/ another video card in the case or do I need another case. I do photo edited but not video edited.

-Lone-

Admirable

4k requires A LOT of computer power, you'd need to spend a lot more than what that monitors costs. Are you going to game on it?

timmay_650

Reputable
Dec 14, 2014
I am not going to game on it. I just want the extra pixels for Photoshop and looking at my photos. I am using a hdmi cord. I believe it is coming from my mother board. The computer is stock except for 8 gb of ram.

HumdrumPenguin

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Can you please name your motherboard model, cpu and ram you're using? Remember that to make full use of your monitor, you'll have to work with ultra high res pictures as well, which will require a lot of cpu and graphics.

-Lone-

Admirable

That case looks pretty small, I'd say you definitely need a new case and everything else so there won't be bottlenecks. What is your budget, maybe we'll make a build for you.

timmay_650

Reputable
Dec 14, 2014
I was hoping to do it for under $200 but I probably could sell this computer or just use it as parts and spend like $500. If I am going for a new computer I probably wont do it for a few months. Pay off Christmas and my b-day is in march.