Question 4k videos on windows results in loss of resolution

Jun 10, 2020
hello!

i recently got a new tv (samsung q70r) and as my first 4k tv i realised that on windows i never got a real 4k from any video mkv or yt .

when i play the same file from windows with any player (vlc, pics and vids on windows, 5k player, power dvd and others) and directly from tv via shared folder, the difference is something absolutely different, i managed in the whole day to let windows display better colours, its still not like direct from tv but far closer than before

Resolution or details are still very poor, from windows on both display it looks like a full hd upscaled but playing directly from tv its totally another experience, also looks more "natural" as its in real 60hz

I always had this problem since 1 and half year with the lg monitor 4k, but i had not a 4k tv to see the difference between the 2 "way to reproduction" so i always just thought that 4k was overstimated lol
i have same "resolution" and hdr differences watching yt too, playing from tv app colours are much richer and of course datails are something totally amazing ,on pc look just normal details.

only situation where i can really see full 4k details on both monitor and tv...is with a 4k game

I dont think pc specs really matter but i have a ryzen 2600x and a 2070, while monitor just have a dp 1.2 the tv is connected with a 2.1 hdmi (and correctly shows 4k res and hdr signal from cable)

the most important to me is use pc because of audio system, i have a AE5 with a quiet good 5.1 system but..i can only connect tv to 5.1 via optical cable so i completely loose any dolby or spatial audio or any tweak i add to audio card

Jun 10, 2020
suppose noone ever noticed this difference in 4k contents?
i did some tests and yes, its exactly like a fhd well upscaled, i see no difference between a 4k video played from pc (player or yt) and a normal fhd played with tv decoder, just in tv its still more smooth than from pc, like it transcode in 30hz when tv and monitor are setted on 4k @ 60hz