16GB DDR4 2666(2x8)
GTX 660
Windows 10 20H2

System 2:
i3 3220
8GB DDR3 1333(2x4)
Integrated graphics
Windows 10 20H2

The problem is that whenever I play a 4K youtube video on both systems, System 1 would use about 40% and up to 90% CPU usage and 65% GPU usage, while system 2 would only use about 14-20% CPU and GPU usage. Im really confused why.

Solution
Is your system using the iGPU of the ryzen to display your browser?
The gtx 660 has 4k hardware decode so it should not have such a high usage.
You can use the graphics settings in windows 10 to force chrome (or whatever) to use a specific card, so make sure it uses the nvidia card and then play around with the browser settings to make sure that hardware acceleration is enabled.

The intel CPU has quicksync that can decode 4k in hardware.
You can use the graphics settings in windows 10 to force chrome (or whatever) to use a specific card, so make sure it uses the nvidia card and then play around with the browser settings to make sure that hardware acceleration is enabled.

Solution

LazerTechX

Distinguished
May 3, 2014

Yea the PC is not using the Ryzen iGPU, but the GTX 660 is constantly moving from 50% to 15% so i think its just me switching tabs but yea i think quicksync is the reason why the Ivy Bridge i3 runs a lot lower percent wise. Thanks