[SOLVED] 4k60Hz for GTX 780

Apr 6, 2021
Hi guys,

I want to buy some 4k60Hz monitor for my Nvidia GTX 780, the normal version only with 3GB VRAM and i want to know if there's any problem of compatibility with. I mean by DisplayPort.

I am aware that I cannot play the latest games at 4k ultra, and less than run them at more than 60 frames per second, however, I am interested in being able to enjoy a desktop with more space and with better pixel density going from a TN panel to an IPS panel. But on the Nvidia website they have removed the information about the card.
I can always buy a new graphics card in the future so that I can run the latest games in ultra and 4k60Hz.

Best regards

Solution
4K at 60 Hz by DisplayPort I suppose?
Performance in games don't worry me too much, older games I use to play don't support 4K resolution, and I even don't playing the new ones supporting 4K, those for the future GPU.
Yes. The DP version on 780 cards is 1.2. That will support 4K at 60hz.
Apr 6, 2021

That's the 780 Ti, not the normal version. I have the EVGA version of the 780, without Ti.

I am seeing...

Display Support:
4096x2160Maximum Digital Resolution

from NVidia here.

In my country that page is not working.

Besides, I would like to read some experiences from GTX 780's owners, troubles, perfomances, DIsplayPort or HDMI, etc

Apr 6, 2021
That doesn't make sense. DP on a Kepler chip supports 4K @60Hz. HDMI supports 4K @30Hz.

Performance is low @4K, comparable with GTX 1650 GDDR6 nowadays.

the Ti versions are 15-25% more powerful than the ordinary versions, I don't know if the Ti version has 4K and the normal one does not. They are not exactly the same.

But the 4K performance for office and production apps and working on the computer is enough or the issue is only in games?

Apr 6, 2021
All Kepler gpu's from 760 tot 780 Ti support 4K at Displayport.

Issues only in games. Performance is low like I said.

4K at 60 Hz by DisplayPort I suppose?
Performance in games don't worry me too much, older games I use to play don't support 4K resolution, and I even don't playing the new ones supporting 4K, those for the future GPU.