[SOLVED] 4TB Seagate HDD not appearing

av8er

Honorable
Apr 9, 2018
Hello all, I've included a link to a photo of my computer screen's I have seen when trying to resolve this issue. I am at a loss, and not familiar of what to do. My HDD is 'working properly' as so indicated in the bottom highlighted portion of the picture. I'm unsure how to actually view files on my HDD. If I have to reformat my hard drive, so be it. I just would like this to work again. Thank you for anyone for assistance, if further information is needed please ask!

View: https://imgur.com/a/n5TRRLO

Solution
Right.
Currently Unallocated.
From your pic...
"Convert to GPT" That should allow the entire drive to be used as a single large partition. Or two partitions if you desire.

Then, New Simple Volume, format, and give it a drive letter.

av8er

Honorable
Apr 9, 2018
What was the last thing you did before this happened?

Please post a screencap of your current Disk Management window.

Honestly I haven't a clue, it's been so long since I plugged in my hard drive I dont remember. I was hoping for a quick reformat but I suppose that did not work. And what do you mean disk management? I dont know what window that is sorry if you could tell me how to find it.

USAFRet

Titan
Right.
Currently Unallocated.
From your pic...
"Convert to GPT" That should allow the entire drive to be used as a single large partition. Or two partitions if you desire.

Reactions: av8er
Solution

av8er

Honorable
Apr 9, 2018
Right.
Currently Unallocated.
From your pic...

Okay do I just right click for new simple volume? And then will see a format option appear? Is this done in the disc management?

av8er

Honorable
Apr 9, 2018
Right.
Currently Unallocated.
From your pic...

That did it! Thank you! Could you possibly help with another drive not showing up? It could possibly be due to purchasing and using the hardware in australia...

av8er

Honorable
Apr 9, 2018
What other drives are in this system?
USB sticks?

(and what duty station?)

by usb sticks I meant the cables I have connected between the HDD drives. And its a WD Elements HDD, I believe 1TB, but when I plug it into any of my USB Ports it just does not work. Nothing on my device manager, nothing on disc manager.

And I'm in mountain home, idaho