[SOLVED] 4TB WESTERN DIGITAL FAILING

Aug 13, 2021
www.praxa.mx
Hi, good afternoon, I have a 4TB WD hard drive that started to fail after working fine around 4 months after buy, I ran chkdsk, third-party programs to help recover the information but failed, I changed the motherboard from another WD similar to the one I have but this one did not even read it just run it , i replaced again to the factory card and continues to do the same thing.

symptoms:

*Windows 10 Recognizes it but cannot be accessed
*It causes the computer to slow down or freeze completely,
*It does not present symptoms of sounds or something internal.
*LONG ETA 72 hours

of the 4TB i was using only about 300 GB.

Right now running VICTORIA HD software 24 hrs passed still doing the scan repair.

Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
Other than the usual software solutions, there's going to be no magic solution. I'd also make sure and try Recuva or EaseUS before giving up.

Proper data recovery is expensive because it's a forensic operation in a laboratory environment, not a couple points-and-clicks of a mouse. The best method of data recovery by far is no longer one that you have access to: properly backing up important data before something bad happens, when it's frequently too late. Protecting your data is basic PC upkeep, no different than changing the air filter in your furnace or the oil in your car.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Other than the usual software solutions, there's going to be no magic solution. I'd also make sure and try Recuva or EaseUS before giving up.

Proper data recovery is expensive because it's a forensic operation in a laboratory environment, not a couple points-and-clicks of a mouse. The best method of data recovery by far is no longer one that you have access to: properly backing up important data before something bad happens, when it's frequently too late. Protecting your data is basic PC upkeep, no different than changing the air filter in your furnace or the oil in your car.

Reactions: cstsnga
Solution