[SOLVED] 4th gen ssd in z490-f?

Aug 29, 2020
Hey. I got a Corsair MP600 (4th gen M2 SSD) but my motherboard (Asus ROG STRIX Z490-F) supports pci3. I can't return it (too late) or re-sell it (as the price went down a lot) so I was wondering if it will it work if I install it? Anyone tried it? If not, is there any trick to make it work? Thanks.

Solution
I see. Thanks. Is there any type of modular option (an adapter, external m2 card, etc) to 'replace' or 'upgrade' the port without buying a new motherboard? Has anyone tried to modify the motherboard like that?
The actual user facing performance between PCIe 3.0 x4 and PCIe 4.0 x4 is minute.
Yes, the sequential benchmark numbers make it look HUGE. It isn't.

I'd be surprised that with 2 otherwise identical systems, that you could actually tell the difference in regular use.
Aug 29, 2020
I see. Thanks. Is there any type of modular option (an adapter, external m2 card, etc) to 'replace' or 'upgrade' the port without buying a new motherboard? Has anyone tried to modify the motherboard like that?

USAFRet

Titan
The actual user facing performance between PCIe 3.0 x4 and PCIe 4.0 x4 is minute.
Yes, the sequential benchmark numbers make it look HUGE. It isn't.

I'd be surprised that with 2 otherwise identical systems, that you could actually tell the difference in regular use.

Solution