4x GTX 1080 ti Case Cooling Issue

Jul 7, 2018
Hey there,

i'm going to build myself a new GPU render RIG for Octane Render engine.
1x GTX 1080 ti ROG strix as my main output card (also for gaming)
3x GTX 1080 ti EVGA Hybrid cooled cards.
Case is gonna be the crosair Obsidian 900D Tower with asus zenith x399 and TR 1920x.

My Problem is, that i dont know how well this cooling system is gonna work out. I'm planing on putting the 3 radiators (120mm Fans) on the bottom line of the case. Is this a good idea?
I'm not interested in adding a complicated full watercooling system, since i dont feel able to handle maintenance and construction of this.

What would you guys do? Maybe get 3x FE style cards to get the airflow out of the case - without the Watercooling of the hybrid cards?

Greetings and thank you!

Solution
Don't get 3x EVGA Hybrid cards. Get all 4x STRIX Cards and go for Corsair 780T instead of 900D for best results. That case comes will good uninterrupted airflow and will maintain GPUs cool even under load. Get Corsair H115i Pro for CPU cooling and install it on top as exhaust and trust me you will get best Air-cooling with 2x 140mm intake fans blowing cool air in from front and 2x 140mm fans at tom + 1x 140mm fan at back acting as exhaust by pushing hot air out. One other main factor is the cooling of the room. If there is no cooling or insufficient cooling in the room after hours of continuous usage temps will go up even if you have best cooling in the PC as the overall temp of the room rises.
Don't get 3x EVGA Hybrid cards. Get all 4x STRIX Cards and go for Corsair 780T instead of 900D for best results. That case comes will good uninterrupted airflow and will maintain GPUs cool even under load. Get Corsair H115i Pro for CPU cooling and install it on top as exhaust and trust me you will get best Air-cooling with 2x 140mm intake fans blowing cool air in from front and 2x 140mm fans at tom + 1x 140mm fan at back acting as exhaust by pushing hot air out. One other main factor is the cooling of the room. If there is no cooling or insufficient cooling in the room after hours of continuous usage temps will go up even if you have best cooling in the PC as the overall temp of the room rises.

Solution
Jul 7, 2018
Ah ok, so airflow is Really Doing The work for that? Nice, gonna look at this case.
Are there any other airflow cases which Are recommended for this Situation?

Thanks bruh! Helping Me Really out

Jul 7, 2018

My problem is, that i dont think 4 strix (2,5 Slot cards) will fit inside the case/motherboard properly. Founder Edition ones also blow the heat outside of the case.
Is there a way to verify that this setup will physically fit?

Thanks!