[SOLVED] 4X4 USB Wifi adapter?

Solution
I have never seen a USB adapter that claims 4x4 on 802.11ac. The closest I have seen is the asus usb-ac68.

It runs 4x4 on 2.4 and 3x3 on 5g 802.11ac.

I am not so sure how well 4x4 mimo really works, the more overlapping signals the less chance it has to work.

Your best bet if you want the speed is to wait maybe 6 months until more 802.11ax equipment is on the market. It is all suppose to finalized by the end of the year....assuming they do not delay it again.
I have never seen a USB adapter that claims 4x4 on 802.11ac. The closest I have seen is the asus usb-ac68.

I am not so sure how well 4x4 mimo really works, the more overlapping signals the less chance it has to work.

Your best bet if you want the speed is to wait maybe 6 months until more 802.11ax equipment is on the market. It is all suppose to finalized by the end of the year....assuming they do not delay it again.

Solution

bill001g-

First, thank you for mentioning the usb-ac68, I was unaware of it and I get a lot of questions about good USB adapters.

Second, I have found that 4x4 MIMO works quite well in small cluttered spaces, and less well outdoors or in vast empty spaces.

And, just to mention it, Meraki has a 8x8 ac/ax AP shipping, the MR55; I don't have an 8 stream client to test it with, but it sure is fast with a 4 stream client (but a little buggy).

-DD