andreiiwnl

Prominent
Oct 15, 2018
Alright so in my last build (Ryzen 7 3700x + RTX 2070 Super) I had a 2x8GB kit @ 3200mhz cl16 from HyperX. It was alright but I could see that I had lower fps and less stable fps than someone with the same build that had quad channel.My question is, for my next build should I use a 4x4GB kit @3000mhz cl15 from corsair or should I go with a 2x8GB kit @3600Mhz cl18 from corsair? They're both 94£ so the price doesn't matter. I need performance and stable fps. BTW my next build will be a Ryzen 9 3900x on a x570 mobo from Aorus. So what RAM is more suitable for it?

Solution
Quad channel boards have 8 dimm slots, 4 dimm motherboards are dual channel. Ram wouldn't be the problem here albeit 3600MHz ram would improve performance a little bit compared to your 3200 ram but nothing extraordinary, not worth the hassle. 3900x wouldn't be a great deal difference either, not in terms of fps.

Might want to start checking thermals and speeds to make sure nothing is throttling with your existing system.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Quad channel boards have 8 dimm slots, 4 dimm motherboards are dual channel. Ram wouldn't be the problem here albeit 3600MHz ram would improve performance a little bit compared to your 3200 ram but nothing extraordinary, not worth the hassle. 3900x wouldn't be a great deal difference either, not in terms of fps.

Might want to start checking thermals and speeds to make sure nothing is throttling with your existing system.

Last edited:
Solution

andreiiwnl

Prominent
Oct 15, 2018

Also seen that a 4x4 kit even if it's not quad channel it helps with 0.1% lows and 1% lows a lot. I sold my old PC and I'm building a new one. And I'm getting the ryzen 9 3900x for editing as well as I'm doing media in college. Don't just need it for gaming.