[SOLVED] 4x8Go For Ryzen 3600

Apr 2, 2021
Hello,

I have currently purchased a Ryzen 3600 with an asus TUF gaming plus B550.

For the moment I have 2x8Go Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz CL16 which I count OC at 3600mhz according to the tests I could see that it was interesting to do it.

I have the possibility of buying second-hand additional 2x8Gb of the same model with the same characteristics for half the new price.

Is this investment worthwhile or will it have a negative impact?

Solution
@sizzling it will be exactly the same model with the same characteristics.
As part of a future upgrade it would not be interesting, the price is really cheap but if it gives me more problems I will give up
Even the exact same make and model are not guaranteed to work together. RAM is sold in matched kits for a reason. I have had issues doing exactly this with 2 different 2x4gb kits. See odd man out section here https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...y-ram-and-xmp-profile-configurations.3398926/
It’s a gamble. Mixing RAM is not guaranteed to work even if same make and model, only RAM in a matched kit is guaranteed to work together. Also with 4 dimms you are more likely to have issues hitting higher speeds. Finally unless you do something that actually requires more than 16gb RAM adding more RAM isn’t going to do anything.

Reactions: helper800
Apr 2, 2021
As part of a future upgrade it would not be interesting, the price is really cheap but if it gives me more problems I will give up

FoxVoxDK

Distinguished
Even the same model and characteristics, doesn't mean the that the chips used are the same, only that the chips are are compatible and be set to run at those specifications.
Ram makers buy whatever chips are cheapest during 14 day inventory restocks.

You are NOT guaranteed that it will work, however it might.

Even the exact same make and model are not guaranteed to work together. RAM is sold in matched kits for a reason. I have had issues doing exactly this with 2 different 2x4gb kits. See odd man out section here https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...y-ram-and-xmp-profile-configurations.3398926/

Solution