5.1 Audio not working in WMP after moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beurling

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
I recently moved into my own apartment and therefore needed to disconnect all my cables etc from my computer.

upon reconnecting, my 5.1 was not working with windows media player when playing music, videos etc.

I have onboard 7.1 realtek AC97 and a 5.1 Logitech speaker system. I've heard that music normally comes out of just 2 speakers, but it has always come out of all five before I moved without any settings being changed on my system.

My speakers are set to 5.1 in Windows and when I test them sound comes out of all of them.

So my question is why would 5.1 only work during the configuration test, but not in Windows Media Player and games etc.

I've tried all possible ways of plugging in the 3 cables to the back of my motherboard, but only one seems to work for the 5.1 test.

Any ideas?

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Have you checked the settings in the audio software that came with the card as well as all setting in WMP, don't use so not familiar with it, but if wired properly, you don't have any driver conflicts, likely a software setting. Good idea to have the manual handing with check the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.