I wanted to know if the latest version of Messenger 5.1 offered the same
functionality and security as version 7.5? I would prefer to use 5.1 as you
don't get stuck with all the advertising. Thanks.

Greetings,

I'm afraid not, they're separate applications and have different feature sets. For instance,
you won't find full-screen video in 5.1, but you will find Exchange/SIP support whereas 7.5
has none of that.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert