5.1 Sound Help!

epcbacn77

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2014
If you are listening to 2 channel audio it will normally only play on the left, right and sub.

If you want more, check your sound card control panel for a speaker fill or other upmixing option. Some speakers even have an option to do this.

It will be something like.
219x4d2.jpg

Well your motherboard is capable of 5.1 surround sound.

In order to have it work, right click on the windows speaker icon next to the time on your windows desktop.
Select playback devices.

On the speakers icon, for realtek HD audio for example right click on that Icon.
Click on the configure speakers option, and select 5.1.

Click next and tick all of the boxes for each speaker in the 5.1 setup
Click next again making sure the last two boxes are ticked.

And click finish.

Your 5.1 sound will only work in a game that has surround sound.
And you may also have to select the option of 5.1 sound within the game options.
Or test with a Dvd and some video playback software capable of 5.1 surround sound setup, and playback.

After that everything should work fine.

epcbacn77

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2014

Hi

Okeydokey thanks! I have done that already. SO going back to nukemaster, audio which is 2 channel wont work on 5 speakers. Getting a sound card wont change this?

Thanks

All 2 channel to 5 channel(bass tends to be extracted from these channels) is upmixing. Almost all sound cards(onboard or otherwise) can do this.

You do have one potential issue here. If a program decides it wants to play accurate 2 channel audio it may send nothing to the other channels. Now card will not know any difference between this and actual 5.1 audio. In these cases even having upmixing enabled(on any sound card) will not make a difference.

Your onboard card will deal with basic upmixing so getting a new card may not help much.

Note my image has Speaker fill OFF because I do not like the way it sounds with a center channel. Games and movies made with the center channel in mind work well, but for me 2 channel music should not have a center channel.

What program are you trying to get this to work in?

epcbacn77

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2014

Hi

I do not have the Speaker Fill option available. Not sure how to upmix. Could you show me an example, with pic preferably would be nice.

5.1 works when on a game like Arma 3 but when listening to music on YouTube through Chrome not all speakers work.

Thanks
Alex