5.1 sound support out from hdmi

Solution
I understand that you connecting 5.1 system to Blueray player, using blue rayas amplifier. If the sound coming from TV mixed for Surround, it will work, if not- then not. I have some movies that would play in surround sound, and some- just stereo. HDMI is encoded signal, and surround should come from the source. The TV will not encode it for you. The movies are already encoded.

Astralv

Distinguished
How many channels do you need? What are you connecting it to? You have settings to change every time you switch to HDMI. Go to Control Panel/ Hardware and Sound/Sound and select your HDMI device as Default device.

karcherbob

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
I have done all that. I am looking to get 5.1 sound. The HDMI is driving a new LG 55" tv.When I set the properties
there is no choice it just shows 2 channels with no way to change it.
( i can drive the TV with a bluray player and it works. Also if I drive the TV audio with Optical out and that works as
well.)
Again I see many others complaining about this same problem and just ask if they need different drivers but I have tried
3 different setups with the same result.

Astralv

Distinguished
I understand that you connecting 5.1 system to Blueray player, using blue rayas amplifier. If the sound coming from TV mixed for Surround, it will work, if not- then not. I have some movies that would play in surround sound, and some- just stereo. HDMI is encoded signal, and surround should come from the source. The TV will not encode it for you. The movies are already encoded.

Solution