5.1 speaker set, please advise

Hello,

I am shopping for a 5.1 speaker set for my P4P800 deluxe motherboard with an
on-board sound card.
I currently have a 2.1 speaker set.
My objective is to get better realism.
This is mainly for games. I do not listen to music on the computer much.

Please can you make suggestions?
Or, guide me to a more appropriate newsgroup or forum.

Thanks a lot,

Navid

pbs

Distinguished
May 20, 2004

"Navid" <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am shopping for a 5.1 speaker set for my P4P800 deluxe motherboard with
> an on-board sound card.
> I currently have a 2.1 speaker set.
> My objective is to get better realism.
> This is mainly for games. I do not listen to music on the computer much.
>
> Please can you make suggestions?
> Or, guide me to a more appropriate newsgroup or forum.
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Navid

do a google search
I suggest

5.1 speaker gaming review

Dont biother with 5.1,6.1 or 7.1 surround sound BULLSHIT.

Playing games i can't tell where the fire was coming from ?, using 5.1
it all just sounded like it was in fron of me and loud no matter how
far away it is :(

Waste of time for online gaming.

I wish the A3D cards were still arround, they could do surround sound
and with 2.1 speakers now thats good.

See ya.

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 20:48:52 GMT, "PBS" <pbsoftSP@Mbigpond.net.au>
wrote:

>"Navid" <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am shopping for a 5.1 speaker set for my P4P800 deluxe motherboard with
>> an on-board sound card.
>> I currently have a 2.1 speaker set.
>> My objective is to get better realism.
>> This is mainly for games. I do not listen to music on the computer much.
>>
>> Please can you make suggestions?
>> Or, guide me to a more appropriate newsgroup or forum.
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>>
>> Navid
>>

>do a google search
>I suggest
>
>5.1 speaker gaming review

pbs

Distinguished
May 20, 2004

"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> Dont biother with 5.1,6.1 or 7.1 surround sound BULLSHIT.
>
> Playing games i can't tell where the fire was coming from ?, using 5.1
> it all just sounded like it was in fron of me and loud no matter how
> far away it is :(
>
> Waste of time for online gaming.
>

> I wish the A3D cards were still arround, they could do surround sound
> and with 2.1 speakers now thats good.
>
> See ya.
>

> On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 20:48:52 GMT, "PBS" <pbsoftSP@Mbigpond.net.au>
> wrote:
>

>>"Navid" <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am shopping for a 5.1 speaker set for my P4P800 deluxe motherboard
>>> with
>>> an on-board sound card.
>>> I currently have a 2.1 speaker set.
>>> My objective is to get better realism.
>>> This is mainly for games. I do not listen to music on the computer
>>> much.
>>>
>>> Please can you make suggestions?
>>> Or, guide me to a more appropriate newsgroup or forum.
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot,
>>>
>>> Navid
>>>

>>do a google search
>>I suggest
>>
>>5.1 speaker gaming review

I'll second that
I have a set of really good altec Lansing 5.1's
with o/b soundstorm nforce2 abit MB
radeon 9800pro, 21" sony g520, 1gb corsair , athlon 3200 400fsb ,the real
McCoy :)
and gaming is a great experience

but I only use the full 6 speakers while viewing DVD's
with gaming I switch to 2x2 mode

very handy withe the separate controller you get with the speaker set
and the black and silver looks good too

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:23:01 +1000, OCZ Guy
<ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>Dont biother with 5.1,6.1 or 7.1 surround sound BULLSHIT.
>
>Playing games i can't tell where the fire was coming from ?, using 5.1
>it all just sounded like it was in fron of me and loud no matter how
>far away it is :(
>
>Waste of time for online gaming.
>

>I wish the A3D cards were still arround, they could do surround sound
>and with 2.1 speakers now thats good.

They can still be had dirt-cheap in the 'states,
http://www.etech4sale.com/products/partinfo-id-1249.html

Yeah i got mine going in XP, but don't think i supports XPs, though i
got drivers to make it work and does not support 5.1 ect its a loosing
fight :(

Even though it ptob makes games sound better with surround sound its
just to incompatible these days, tried a few games with veyr little
succses :(