Distinguished
Jan 28, 2003
Hey all,

I'm looking at 4 options of 5.1 speakers:

Altec Lansing 5100 5.1 Speaker System

Altec Lansing 251 5.1 Speaker

Creative Labs Inspire 5.1 5200 Speaker Systems

Logitech Z-640

I'm am looking for crisp sound and bass in the low to mid level-volume-range, they're never giong to be up that loud. I also need the option-though this may be sound card dependant, of using headphones. I need quality at low decibles, they will be used for mainly gaming and music...you know, stuff with sound..;)

I have read some costumer reviews at cnet and zdnet but nothing to really sway me either way. I'm looking for a site that has reviews on speaker systems as well as your feed back.

Also, do you need a earphone jack in the speakers themselves if one has Creative Labs SB Audigy X-Gamer or Audigy-2 6.1?

peace,
-=<font color=blue>i3lue}{orneT</font color=blue>=-

TKH

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
I recommend Z-640 for quality sound. You can look at the review in THG.
A headphone jack on speaker is a sweet feature if you really need to use headphone all the times. But if you are using analog speaker, you should plug your headphone directly to your soundcard to minimise the quality loss during the digital-analog convertion.

Plug & Play? How about Plug & Pray!

BlueHornet

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2003
Also, do you need a earphone jack in the speakers themselves if one has Creative Labs SB Audigy X-Gamer or Audigy-2 6.1? thx.

peace,

BlueHornet

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2003
I am wondering if an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe has a headphone jack because I will be using the onboard sound? If not, does SB Audigy X Gamer have a headhone jack?

peace,

Quetzacoatl

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002
okay, first of all, stop bumping your thread, start a new one. And yes, it has a headphone jack, so does the audigy gamer

Instead of Rdram, why not just merge 4 Sdram channels...