5.1 surround headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

muc0n

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2002
Posted in another forum, but maybe I'll get more replies here.

The main surround sound headphones I see are the Zalman theatre 6. Also I have seen the Kinyo KY-100. I'm leaning towards the kinyo's because they have volume control on the base, and it does not look like the zalman's have that. I have seen a couple of others that are around $80-$100 which is too expensive, I'm looking more in the $50 range. Does anyone have any opinions as to which is better, or are they other choices out there, preferably one with volume control?

Edit: Are they worth it at this point in time, or does the technology need to be developed more? I plan on using them for computer gaming, and watching some movies. I heard some good things about he zalmans, but also some bad things about their sound quality. I have no speakers, and the headphones I have now are pretty old, so it shouldnt be hard to be better quality then them.

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
For the price I would just get a nice pair of studio quality headphones. The Zalmans have a nice idea but I don't know how much of a difference it would make. I have never tried them so I don't know for sure but I think a regular pair of headphones with 2 very nice large speakers in em will be equal or better than a headset with many small speakers in em.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
I own the Zalmans, and well I'm not overly impressed.
Luckily I have volume controll on my keyboard, otherwise I would be choked about that missing feature. Also, I find that the top part that rests on your head is not that soft. In fact, after about an hour of use, I find it starts hurting my soft head, and I start moving the band around.

Status
Not open for further replies.