ddule.srb

Honorable
Apr 4, 2018
Hi. My friend asked me to fix his 5.1 surround sound which was only outputing sound from Front L/R speakers and not from rear L/R and woofer. To my notice, everything was set up properly and they were all working except only Front L/R speakers were working because they were trying to listen to music over Youtube. I tried downloading some 5.1 supported music from Google and it all worked flawlessly. They were sad they couldn't listen to that Youtube music right away on 5.1 but my friend asked me if i can fix his cable management around the table and i accepted. I unpluged everything and i managed everything like a god. Except...the Front L/R aren't working anymore. Everything is connected properly like before, but now the front speakers won't work. The system shows speakers if i recall correctly but they won't release sound anymore. Cables are not ripped, everything is connected like last time. I tried 5.1 music again and only the Rear L/R speakers and woofer work so...Front ones are only NOT working. Another thing i noticed is when i try to setup 5.1 through sound settings, when i try to select 5.1 Surround, it recognizes Front, Woofer, Center but not Rear or "Side speakers", so the tick for the "side speakers" is gray and cannot be ticked but it works when trying before the cable management. Any help? I think it's the drivers now but i tried Realtek drivers over and over...i also tried IDT high Definition Audio Codec which i used for my old, old 5.1 surround system which worked but it won't install on his PC which is a Windows 7 32-bit system, 4 GB Ram, 4000 AMD series GPU and a X2 630 processor. It's not a hardware problem since it did work the first time before cable management, but now it won't after re-pluging. Help please....

Try swapping the front and rear plugs and see if that makes the difference. It is possible the connections themselves have become a bit worn and not making a solid connection.

If possible double check them with another source to confirm they are actually working, like a phone or mp3 player or laptop - and conversely test the PCs output with another speaker or headphone just to confirm the PC output is also working.

ddule.srb

Honorable
Apr 4, 2018
Try swapping the front and rear plugs and see if that makes the difference. It is possible the connections themselves have become a bit worn and not making a solid connection.

If possible double check them with another source to confirm they are actually working, like a phone or mp3 player or laptop - and conversely test the PCs output with another speaker or headphone just to confirm the PC output is also working.
Will do when i get the next chance to check it all out.