Question 5-15 second freezes with Audio working

godofwartx

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2006
Hello folks,

I am experiencing some issues with my computer that are driving me crazy. I am experiencing freezes every few minutes for 5-15 seconds where my mouse is frozen and system unresponsive to inputs (such as keyboard, CTRL-ALT-DEL, etc) but will "catch up" 5-15 seconds later. Audio will continue to play as normal but video will hang (such as having a conference call or youtube player up)

Only activities i have been doing to notice the behavior is browsing firefox and chrome and playing Subnautica: Below Zero.

Things i have tried to look at so far:

• Updated BIOS
  • Updated Antivirus
  • Updated all drivers, including realtek audio HD drivers
  • Reinstalled latest Nvidia drivers
  • Had Speccy show a secondary and older HDD that looked like it was beginning to fail so i disconnected it
  • Had installed an EVO980 M2 PCI-E SSD about 5 days ago , removed it and placed it aside as soon as this began to happen
  • Ran the windows memory scan tool
  • Ran chkdsk
  • Monitoring Event Viewer for anything suspicious
  • Tried to slim down my startup programs
  • Used computer in safe mode with networking, i didnt experience any issue but may need more data/time using it to confirm
  • Encountered a DCP_Watchdog_Violation BSOD this morning, reverted to prior IDE driver as per : https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-fix-dpc-watchdog-violation-windows-10,36200.html
    • Not sure it was related to what im experiencing or not but considering my system was perfectly stable up until a few days ago i dont know.

As i typed up this post, the freeze happened twice and affected me for about 5-15 seconds each. I suspect a software/driver issue rather than hardware but thats just a hunch based on what im still seeing.

I feel like i'm just throwing everything against the wall and seeing what sticks.

I am attaching my Speccy report with all my system specs.

godofwartx

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2006
So i got another DCP_Watchdog_Violation BSOD, and i used Samsung Magician to look at my SSD firmware and saw it was running RVT03B6Q and updated it on both my 860 EVOs to RVT04B6Q.

Fingers crossed thats the culprit.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS