Question 5.25" Removable Hard Drive Drawers for SATA drives

eh936

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2012
Does anyone know where to buy a removable hard drive drawer for SATA hard drives ? My case has only 3 x 3.5" bays for SATA internal desktop hard drives and I need to put in another hard drive. Do these exist ? I used to use the removable hard drive drawers for IDE HDD but cannot find this same technology for SATA HDD's. I'm looking for the ones that you can quickly swap them out by way of the SATA and Power connectors. No screws to hold the drive in place.

Thanks

Does anyone know where to buy a removable hard drive drawer for SATA hard drives ?
i've used 5.25" > 3.5" mounting trays multiple times in the past with older cases before proper drive mounting options became the norm.

they just slide right into a default 5.25" bay with a drive mount built into the tray.

these would normally require screws to attach the drives to the shelves though you could always leave them loose in place.
My case has only 3 x 3.5" bays
if you have a decent modern case then it should have some mounting options below and/or behind the motherboard tray for directly attaching 3.5" drives.