Question 5,25 to SSD bay question.

Aug 31, 2021
Hello Lads and girls.
This is my first question here so hello and thanks in advance for your feedback.

İ just bought two identical HP Compaq 6300 pro pc's. One for my music studio and one for home (ATX midi towers).
İ would like to have one SSD disk with system that i can swap between two envoirements.
My question is: can i buy two 5,25 to ssd or disquette to ssd trays to solve it?
What are my other options?

Thanks !
Aro

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
Hello Lads and girls.
This is my first question here so hello and thanks in advance for your feedback.

İ just bought two identical HP Compaq 6300 pro pc's. One for my music studio and one for home (ATX midi towers).
İ would like to have one SSD disk with system that i can swap between two envoirements.
My question is: can i buy two 5,25 to ssd or disquette to ssd trays to solve it?
What are my other options?

Thanks !
Aro
What would be on this SSD?

Aug 31, 2021
Win 7 64, Presonus studio, Fl studio, Reaper, Reason and whole bunch of Vst plugins and projects and some dos midi software...
İ would like to swap this SSD between my setups.

punkncat

Dignified
Ambassador
The issue that I see would be a question of, as pointed out above, "activation".

Technically Windows 7 is no longer supported, so draw your own conclusions as to that.

I think it might be better to utilize each system on it's own.....wait, ah so licensure on the studio software is the issue at hand?

Aug 31, 2021
Motherboard is the same rev and bios (two indentical setups, even crt's the same)
İ need swap drive for SSD for 5,25 or disquette bay.
İf nothing here then i will go external adata SSD ,,:/

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
Motherboard is the same rev and bios (two indentical setups, even crt's the same)
İ need swap drive for SSD for 5,25 or disquette bay.
İf nothing here then i will go external adata SSD ,,:/
The same 'rev' is NOT the same physical motherboard.
Serial numbers, MAC address, etc, etc....different between the two.

It WILL fail.

And external SSD makes no difference.
The OS knows.

Solution:
3 SSD's
1 each in each system. OS and applications.
The 3rd is for your plugins and project files. This one you can (probably) move between systems.

But as noted above, Win 7 is long off the supported list.

Reactions: AroPL
Aug 31, 2021
The same 'rev' is NOT the same physical motherboard.
Serial numbers, MAC address, etc, etc....different between the two.

It WILL fail.

And external SSD makes no difference.
The OS knows.

Solution:
3 SSD's
1 each in each system. OS and applications.
The 3rd is for your plugins and project files. This one you can (probably) move between systems.

But as noted above, Win 7 is long off the supported list.
Got it!
İ have on them 10 pro and 16gb ram but i was keen to downgrade due to music studio specs .
Anyways... You say that even two identical setups will cause "one system" problems.
İ hear that!
The thing is that i cannot leave the disk at studio due to legal issues...
Do you know any internal SSD pocket for me to use?

ASK THE COMMUNITY