BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
I just got a antec case with the Antec smart power 350 watt. I noticed in the bios that the +5 runs at 4.86 to 4.89 mostly at 4.89. Every thing else is fine. Would this lead to any problems. Bruce

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It should work fine, but I wouldn't like it.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
I have had the same problem with the Antec 350's for a while. I had to take one out and put a Thermotake 480 in the case.The Antec 350 was running sub under +5.I think I will order my case with no PSU and put Fortron in.I liked the Fortron 400 60pnu-R1 at Newegg @ 64.00. Bruce

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

why wouldn't you like it. does the 5v line vary with a 5-/+%

I know my previous Enermax 350watt varied from 4.79 to 4.89 during load and idle.

And my New Enermax 420watt noise taker varies also.
I thought it was normal

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I don't mind my voltage going a bit high, but don't like it going very low. This isn't a very big problem with the 5.5v line, but I used to have terrible stability issues with boards when the 3.3v line would drop to around 3.1v. Of course I overclock, so I'd rather have the voltage varry a bit high rather than low.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

jamarno

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2001
4.86V is within 3% of 5.00V and much better maximum allowed deviation of 5%. However BIOS voltage readings are not very accurate, often being off by 2% and sometimes over 5%, so they should be verified with a digital voltage meter before making any judgments.