5.6 Omegas coming this week (?)

Let's hope that Omega has sidestepped some of the problems that seem
to be coming with standard 5.6. From the Omega site

"First of all I would like to apologize for the lack of communication,
as many of you know, I'm an ATI beta tester and the NDA prevents me
from discussing future stuff so I could not announce I was skipping
Cat 5.5 because the 5.6 where WAY better, so I patiently waited until
they where released to open my mouth :p Now to the important stuff...

I have been working in some very big changes for the Radeon Omega
Drivers, first of all RadLinker will no longer be part of my sets, is
not my decision, it was ChrisW, he is no longer interested in
developing RL further and I respect his reasons for it, so is time for
me to move on. Second, the new tweaker that will ship with the drivers
will be ATI Tray Tools, by Ray Adams, and of course, I'm working with
him to make a special version for the Omega Drivers with features not
found in the original ATT. Third, with the help of Ray, I'm rewriting
all my tweaks for the next set based on the Cat 5.6, I want to clean
the old code and start fresh to remove some possible compatibility
problems in the future. With that said, expect a release sometime this
week of the Radeon drivers".
--

Julian Richards
computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

www.richardsuk.f9.co.uk
Website of "Robot Wars" middleweight "Broadsword IV"

RJ

Cool! I thought I read somewherethat there were not going to be
anymore Omega driver releases. Nice to see that there are.

Julian Richards wrote:

> Let's hope that Omega has sidestepped some of the problems that seem
> to be coming with standard 5.6. From the Omega site
>
> "First of all I would like to apologize for the lack of communication,
> as many of you know, I'm an ATI beta tester and the NDA prevents me
> from discussing future stuff so I could not announce I was skipping
> Cat 5.5 because the 5.6 where WAY better, so I patiently waited until
> they where released to open my mouth :p Now to the important stuff...
>
> I have been working in some very big changes for the Radeon Omega
> Drivers, first of all RadLinker will no longer be part of my sets, is
> not my decision, it was ChrisW, he is no longer interested in
> developing RL further and I respect his reasons for it, so is time for
> me to move on. Second, the new tweaker that will ship with the drivers
> will be ATI Tray Tools, by Ray Adams, and of course, I'm working with
> him to make a special version for the Omega Drivers with features not
> found in the original ATT. Third, with the help of Ray, I'm rewriting
> all my tweaks for the next set based on the Cat 5.6, I want to clean
> the old code and start fresh to remove some possible compatibility
> problems in the future. With that said, expect a release sometime this
> week of the Radeon drivers".
> --
>
> Julian Richards
> computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk
>
> www.richardsuk.f9.co.uk
> Website of "Robot Wars" middleweight "Broadsword IV"

sounds exciting,
kinda a bummer about radlinker tho.. I like it. Hopefully radlinker will
still be functional with his future releases.

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 20:18:09 GMT, Gordon Scott <gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> wrote:

>|Julian Richards wrote:
>|>
>|> Let's hope that Omega has sidestepped some of the problems that seem
>|> to be coming with standard 5.6. From the Omega site
>|>
>|> "First of all I would like to apologize for the lack of communication,
>|> as many of you know, I'm an ATI beta tester and the NDA prevents me
>|> from discussing future stuff so I could not announce I was skipping
>|> Cat 5.5 because the 5.6 where WAY better, so I patiently waited until
>|> they where released to open my mouth :p Now to the important stuff...
>|>
>|> I have been working in some very big changes for the Radeon Omega
>|> Drivers, first of all RadLinker will no longer be part of my sets, is
>|> not my decision, it was ChrisW, he is no longer interested in
>|> developing RL further and I respect his reasons for it, so is time for
>|> me to move on. Second, the new tweaker that will ship with the drivers
>|> will be ATI Tray Tools, by Ray Adams, and of course, I'm working with
>|> him to make a special version for the Omega Drivers with features not
>|> found in the original ATT. Third, with the help of Ray, I'm rewriting
>|> all my tweaks for the next set based on the Cat 5.6, I want to clean
>|> the old code and start fresh to remove some possible compatibility
>|> problems in the future. With that said, expect a release sometime this
>|> week of the Radeon drivers".
>|> --
>|>
>|> Julian Richards
>|> computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk
>|>
>|> www.richardsuk.f9.co.uk
>|> Website of "Robot Wars" middleweight "Broadsword IV"
>|
>|sounds exciting,
>|kinda a bummer about radlinker tho.. I like it. Hopefully radlinker will
>|still be functional with his future releases.

ChrisW has retired from doing the radlinker all together so no, its not going to
get any more updates from its current version now.

Pluvious