5 attempts to use recovery CDs on new hdd and still won't boot

SueM

Reputable
May 5, 2014
Toshiba hard drive in hp pavilion notebook warned of imminent failure.

Saved a file history and created recovery discs

Bought new hard drive and replaced then ran hard disk test then ran recovery CDs (6 times in total). but it kept saying no boot please install SO on hard drive.
Changed bios to disable secure boot. RAN AGAIN

Seemed to go a bit further but now constantly rebooting as far as windows logo only then restarting. I know it said it may do this a few times but this is ongoing. MORE THAN 50 TIMES

Now what do I do ?

Solution
It's possible that if your old disk is failing that the recovery disks are corrupt. I'm not a great fan of the disk method, too much to go wrong! Suggest you try using a USB Pendrive (Check your Recovery Partition size in Disk Manager) That way as long as Windows is capable of running the process, the data will be coming from a hopefully sound part of the disk.
Simply plug in your blank USB pendrive and Create a Recovery Drive as before. (Type 'Create' at your Start Screen and chose 'Create a Recovery Drive' check the box 'Copy Recovery Partition'))
It's possible that if your old disk is failing that the recovery disks are corrupt. I'm not a great fan of the disk method, too much to go wrong! Suggest you try using a USB Pendrive (Check your Recovery Partition size in Disk Manager) That way as long as Windows is capable of running the process, the data will be coming from a hopefully sound part of the disk.
Simply plug in your blank USB pendrive and Create a Recovery Drive as before. (Type 'Create' at your Start Screen and chose 'Create a Recovery Drive' check the box 'Copy Recovery Partition'))

Solution

SueM

Reputable
May 5, 2014

Sorry should have replied to say I'd sorted it.

I ran discs again so 7 times lucky. I didn't use a stick because I didn't have one with a big enough memory. And os is reinstalled via discs.