Oct 22, 2021
So my pc stopped booting up after i changed the ram speed settings in the bios (i know its stupid) so i think that killed my cpu. So i then bought a New cpu lga 1155 i5-2400 and i replaced it. But it still gives me 5 beeps while im sure the cpu is not dead as i just bought it. Is it possible that my motherboard is dead? I also reset the bios and i even replaced the cmo battery.

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
So my pc stopped booting up after i changed the ram speed settings in the bios (i know its stupid) so i think that killed my cpu. So i then bought a New cpu lga 1550 i5-2400 and i replaced it. But it still gives me 5 beeps while im sure the cpu is not dead as i just bought it. Is it possible that my motherboard is dead?
All you probably needed to do was reset CMOS.

Oct 22, 2021
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu
Motherboard lga 1155 socket ddr3 ram 4 dim slots micro atx. Its a intel board. My cpu is i5-2400 lga 1155 and idk the specs of my psu but it always worked fine until i changed my ram speed wich i know is stupid. I replaced the cpu and it still beeps 5 times. And my froend who knows a bit more about pc's says that my socket or motherboard might be broken.

Oct 22, 2021
remove power completely from rear of PSU...

Remove BIOS battery....

Hold down and/or repeatedly push power switch for 10-20 seconds......

Reinstall BIOS battery...

Try again!
remove power completely from rear of PSU...

Remove BIOS battery....

Hold down and/or repeatedly push power switch for 10-20 seconds......

Reinstall BIOS battery...

Try again!
Nope still gives me 5 beeps

TRENDING THREADS