5 beeps when GPU is plugged in the Gigabyte H310M-A motherboard

Jun 23, 2018
Hi all I bought a new board today the Gigabyte H310M-A, a new processor i3 8100 8th gen, and crusial 8Gb DDR4 ram. When I plugged my older GPU GeForce GT220. I got a black screen and 5 or 6 beeps when booting.

The system works only when I removed the GPU and start using the onboard HDMI out. I already installed Windows

Anyone here can help me out please?

Thank you guys

Luxy

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016
The number of beeps usually relates to a particular hardware issue, e.g 3 beeps is usually RAM issue. 5 Beeps could be GPU and given that it doesn't display it suggests the GPU is faulty. Try just using the on-board graphics? The GPU is quite old and the new Intel® UHD Graphics 630 built into the CPU would probably be better than the GPU.
The only thing I can suggest is getting another GPU and trying it, the PCI slot could have issues but given that the motherboard is brand new I doubt it. It seems the GPU may have finally given out.

Jun 23, 2018
I've inserted an another GPU also, yet still the PC didn't boot. Yesterday I tried something, I plugged the HDMI cable on the on-board graphics it's working; then swapped the cable to the GPU and it works too. But the thing is that when I tried to boot again with the cable on the GPU. It still provides the 5 beeps for the GPU issue.

Jun 23, 2018
Nope, its beeping, not showing any bios information on my monitor but it shows windows starting. I tried to unplugged the GPU and have only the HDMI cable to onboard graphics it works showing the bios.