Question 5 days going no signal on monitor *tried everything*

Mar 2, 2019
Let’s jump right into it. Story - i decided to clean my pc 5 days ago and success but I do a deep cleanse instead taking MOBO etc everything out. Even removed stock cooler from cpu and reapplied carefully. I boot and nothing comes from the monitor. Only the dreadful “no signal” screen. Everything completely spins and power on’s.

Xxx -My original build
AMD FX6300
Mini atx gigabyte board I had for a while ( 3 years ) I’ll edit this and update it to the proper model
2 sticks of ballistic 4gb ram sticks
Evga 500 80+ certified PSU
GTX 750 ti.
Case- HZXT 500
- first time doing a deep cleanse because I saw a lot of dust around the underbody of my case and hard to reach spots that were getting dusty and hard to clean regularly.

Things that I’ve tried

Checked all cables to see if they were seated.
Cleaned ram sticks
Use one ram at a time in each slot ( tried 2 different ones / ballistic and vengeance )
Reset COSMOS
Switched psu
Switch MOBO to gigabyte 970a-ds3p
Switch GPU to 1050ti evga ( yes I plugged in the pci-e )
Tried switching from monitor to tv.
Switched cpu’s To the 835... something but it has FX Unlocked on it ( sorry I can’t remember the name at this moment )
New harddrive
Still nothing

-
The things I have to test out are
- building without the case

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019
Do your fans spin, LEDs light up, any activity at all?

Honestly, I suspect you shorted something (like the motherboard), based on all of the swapping you have performed.

Take all out of the case and reassemble outside of the case and try powering on.

I figured it out lmao wow.

Mar 2, 2019
What I did was never remove the cpu from the stock cooler and just put it straight onto the motherboard as a whole which is wrong because the cpu doesn’t get seated properly. So big miss up on my part. Was too scared to remove it from thermal stock cooler. FUTURE GOOGLERS : if everything fails that I mentioned please remove the cpu and make sure it is seated and latched down ( the cpu itself - then the cooler on top ) matching the arrow to its designated area! And thank you COLGEEK. I know next time to remove them separately.

TRENDING THREADS