5 Features The iPhone 4G Needs Right Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
My biggest wish (assuming I ever think about buying a smart phone, let alone an iPhone):

A different carrier than AT&T. No point in having a cell phone if it loses signal as soon as I step into a building.

elforeign

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009
After you get past the fact that yes, the iPhone is indeed an expensive cellphone to own, and that it may not be the most up to date (soon to change) cellphone, it is still a highly intuitive and great looking solution to what normally would be a mundane activity (calling, texting, browsing the internet). Me being a fairly new iPhone owner, I can say I am satisfied with what I have. Unless something revolutionary comes along, I will continue to buy iPhones.

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Visually the iPhone looks great. I just don't like their OS. Also AT&T as the main carrier? It's like Apple is taking advantage of their uneducated fanbase and is getting a good share of all those $120 monthly bills since Apple customers would buy a bottled water bottle for 20$ if it had an Apple Sticker on it.

dgingeri

Distinguished
2 things I think are paramount for Apple to include in their next iPhone:
1. micro SD card slot
2. replaceable battery

Without those, the iPhone falls very flat. Anything else mentioned is moot without those 2.

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
dginegeri - I'll agree with you - it's always bugged me that you can't expand any apple products.

I'd love for it to have a micro SD slot, and non-proprietary connectors, but I'm doubting it - it is Apple

I'd also like it to do something like HD out, like the Zune players do - it'd be great to take my movies and plug them in to any TV on the road.

christopherknapp

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
The ability to multitask for one, more horsepower, Flash support, replaceable battery ... oh, and the ability to use whatever facking software I want on it. Period.

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
1) Tactile Feedback

Have we given up on this? My standards require a Android OS and a keyboard so the Droid is looking mighty good but the Nexus has a 1Ghz processor

ScoobyJooby-Jew

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
replaceable battery ftw. Oh and superior sound quality. which is the least cared about feature on modern phones. for the kind of money required, and considering it's apple, I wanna damn good sounding phone call.

2ms

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
Did Tom's Hardware get bought by Google or MS or something? Every article seems to either be completely about how evil Apple is, or full of back-handed remarks about how evil Apple is.

It's childish.

aquila

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
Hah! Like cheaper iPhones/plans is gonna happen in our lifetime. Where Apple goes, Apple tax follows, and phone companies know you can wring out a few more pennies out of the iPhone buyers.
Unless the new phone genuinely turns out to be the best thing since sliced bread, I'm finally making my move to Android; it's mature enough as a platform. Although I've already spent more than I'd care to admit on apps for mine, I'm still more psyched about Android's future.

DM0407

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
Buy an Android phone. Apple products are what they are. This is going to hold Apple over for a few years, in which time the open software competition will blow it away.

Android competition is creating extremely quick refresh rates and better phones.

Zenthar

Distinguished
I'm one of those people that just HATE talking on the phone. I can get through a year with a 100$/yr prepaid plan ... at Canadian prices moreover. For me, having to pay a fair amount of money for a voice plan is therefore completely absurd. I think they could reach a big market if they would sell some devices as data-only. And having to commit to a 2000$ 3 year contract (that they claim they can change at any time BTW) to save 500$ on the phone seems like a trap.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]2ms[/nom]Did Tom's Hardware get bought by Google or MS or something? Every article seems to either be completely about how evil Apple is, or full of back-handed remarks about how evil Apple is.It's childish.[/citation]
They're only stating the truth, and all the opinions of us people who have common sense. Obviously you look up to steve jobs as a god and Apple, as your holy land.

Status
Not open for further replies.