5 inch front panel compatibility

Sep 12, 2015
Hi,
I bought a used HPz400 case on ebay and it's missing one of the front panels. I want to hide this ugly hole but I don't want to spend more than 10$. I was wondering if I can buy any used 5inch front panel and expect it to work.
I m seeing lots of dead DVD drives selling for 1$+shipping which would also be less than 10$, I m thinking to maybe just get one of these as it will work for sure.
What do you think?

Solution
Well I don't see any point in sticking a dead optical drive in there.

Pop in to a local PC builder/upgrades shop and they should be able to supply you with a 5.25-inch drive bay blanking plate, may be even for free if they know you - if they build & upgrade PCs they should have loads of them on the work bench.

Shouldn't be hard finding a suitable one since your case has a flat, plain front.
Well I don't see any point in sticking a dead optical drive in there.

Pop in to a local PC builder/upgrades shop and they should be able to supply you with a 5.25-inch drive bay blanking plate, may be even for free if they know you - if they build & upgrade PCs they should have loads of them on the work bench.

Shouldn't be hard finding a suitable one since your case has a flat, plain front.

Solution