5-Inch Sony Yuga Smartphone Showcased in Leaked Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

osxsier

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
I was going to get the Note II tomorrow. But now I am seeing this, the Droid and others coming out with 1080p screens. I think I should wait now :(

nodeffect

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]How exciting. A black blob.and you can have it in any color as long as you ask for black ?Yawn.[/citation]

The all new iPhone every year..... same interface, same design, same color.... YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN!!!!

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Yay, more pixels! You can't actually see them, and they drain your battery quicker, and likely cause games to have less content, but oh well, more pixels!

sna

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
[citation][nom]osxsier[/nom]I was going to get the Note II tomorrow. But now I am seeing this, the Droid and others coming out with 1080p screens. I think I should wait now[/citation]

If you want the not 2 , then GET it .. the special thing about the Note 2 is the Digitizer pen . you wont find this on ANY other devices.

and 1080P on 5.5 inch wont make a difference. thats just commercial. do you really think you can tell the difference on 5.5 inch screen ?

and I tell you somthing. this is a PHONE not a Tablet. has low Memory , do you really expect to put 1080p movies there ?

I am not saying it is bad. but for the Pen? the choice is CLEAR !

add to this the Note2 price now is lower. dont waste time WAITING. and dont look back after you buy the NOTE 2.

coz it is ENOUGH for a PHONE !

2G RAM , Quad Core , Amoled display , a digitizer pen , SD card and Android 4.1 ... eh what do you want more ?

the 1080P ? NOT WORTH THE WAIT !!! it is FIVE INCH ! you wont tell the difference without a magnifier.

dont be silly ... my Opinion.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]osxsier[/nom]I was going to get the Note II tomorrow. But now I am seeing this, the Droid and others coming out with 1080p screens. I think I should wait now[/citation]
Everyone is coming out with a 1080p screen in 2013. Samsung and LG announced 1080 screens for their 2013 phones. Probably will launch with their Samsung Galaxy S4. The Droid DNA will be the first 1080 phone, but no removable battery is just such a killer for me. Also, I don't even know if the Droid DNA will have a SD card slot, which is also a very big con. I suggest get the Note2 (it's a great phone) and just upgrade in 2014. By 2014, I'm pretty sure Samsung will come out with their flexible screens and even crazier functions.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]theconsolegamer[/nom]1920x1080 display is from Sony, LG or Samsung...... 12 megapixel camera.... Damn[/citation]
Damn, it makes so little sense on such tiny lens.
Yet consumer will buy it, because it's "moar".
/facepalm

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]shadowfamicom[/nom]Bring back a real keyboard on flagship phones and we will talk.[/citation]

That's called Blackberry, you know the product by Rim, that company that tried that for as long as they could and lost 90% of its value and is irrelevant now.

Or maybe you have a time machine and you're from 2006 and you need a physical keyboard on a phone :p

I think I'm still gonna go with the Note 2. 267 ppi is nothing to sneeze at, and I strongly suspect this phone will use an LCD screen. I have nothing against LCDs (especially if they're wide gamut), but a 720p OLED (with its superior color gamut and contrast) will, I suspect, look subjectively better than a 1080p LCD at the same size.

Also, you know...stylus.

G

lol i´m amazed how some people still choose their phones just by looking at a list of stats. It really does not matter at all if the screen is 1080 p since today´s screens already have ridiculously high resolutions for their sizes. Since this phone will be running android it will be rubish just like all android phones. Likewise 12 megapixels camera by itself means very little withouth the righ aperture and software optimisation. Do yourself a favour a get the lumia 920 which is definitely a better phone, unless you really really what a screen that big to use with a stylus or something.

[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]Damn, it makes so little sense on such tiny lens.Yet consumer will buy it, because it's "moar"./facepalm[/citation]

Sony has awesome cameras so it will be well worth it.
My xperia play has a 5mp camera better than most old point and shoots

G

Why do you morons keep saying crap like you cant see 1080p on a 5 inch screen that you will hold 6-8 inches from your face. Yes you will. If not get glasses. Not to mention NOT having to buy 800 dollar software to convert movies to some wired ass rez the doesn't even make sense. 720 was a mistake and never should have been released. Its time. time for 1080. stop making things that don't show at least 1080.

Status
Not open for further replies.