[SOLVED] .5 mbps speed on one computer only

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkerjerparker

Reputable
Oct 25, 2015
I have a computer that tests 32 times slower than my phone despite being right next to it and being connected to the same wifi network. The phone gets 16 mbps while the computer only gets .5. I've checked the network adapter driver and it is up to date. I also uninstalled the network adapter and reinstalled it. I'm out of ideas of what is wrong with this one device. Here's some info if its helpful. Please and thanks!

http://imgur.com/gallery/oz8T1Oy

Solution
I had a similar issue with an Intel WiFi adapter. My fix was to go to the device manager -> right click the adapter and click properties -> Click the advanced tab.

For "802.11a/b/g Wireless Mode" I selected "dual band 802.11a/b/g"
For "802.11n/ac Wireless Mode" I selected "dual band 802.11n"

I used those settings to match my access point ... you may need to choose different ones to match yours.

Hope that helps.

** Edit ** Was rereading your post and saw the Kaspersky network adapter. This is probably used to intercept network traffic and check for malware. If it's working fine, then it should not be an issue, but if other things don't help, I would try uninstalling it.
I had a similar issue with an Intel WiFi adapter. My fix was to go to the device manager -> right click the adapter and click properties -> Click the advanced tab.

For "802.11a/b/g Wireless Mode" I selected "dual band 802.11a/b/g"
For "802.11n/ac Wireless Mode" I selected "dual band 802.11n"

I used those settings to match my access point ... you may need to choose different ones to match yours.

Hope that helps.

** Edit ** Was rereading your post and saw the Kaspersky network adapter. This is probably used to intercept network traffic and check for malware. If it's working fine, then it should not be an issue, but if other things don't help, I would try uninstalling it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.