News $5 million worth of stolen tools recovered thanks to Apple's AirTag — secret storage facility had around 15,000 construction tools

Well, that's good on part of Howard County cops, but how is this news related to PC hardware/software/mobile, or anything related to tech for that matter (not including Apple's AirTag here for time being) ? :unsure:

I mean to say, gimme news of stolen/smuggled CPUs, GPUs, and SSDs. Then we gonna talk ! :D

Last edited:

parkerthon

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Whatever happened to Tile? The company that Apple allegedly ripped off to make their airtags.
Still very much alive. If you’re an android user, airtag isn’t an option. Also, it’s not that Apple ripped off Tile that is the company’s gripe, it’s that Apple uses proprietary hardware for it to work way better than Bluetooth. Apple naturally won’t open that up, so they give their native devices an unfair advantage over 3rd party ones. This is how Apple has always been and they are hardly the first company to use this tactic. End of the day, a company will always ensure they get an advantage when it’s their platform they built. The only reason they work with other companies is it is more beneficial to them.

Jun 2, 2024
So you want to know what the article has to do with tech if you remove the key tech aspect of the story??
Aside from mentioning that it was used, there's no mention of how long it took to find, if there were any difficulties...NOTHING.

It's like making a story saying I was able to breath better today because there was oxygen in the air, but not why it was easier to breath.

USAFRet

Titan
Aside from mentioning that it was used, there's no mention of how long it took to find, if there were any difficulties...NOTHING.

It's like making a story saying I was able to breath better today because there was oxygen in the air, but not why it was easier to breath.
"The investigation began in late January when an AirTag tracking device in a stolen tool led officers to a storage unit in Elkridge, Maryland."

You want a day by day accounting of what went on?

TRENDING THREADS