Question 5 short beeps after installing new GPU

Jul 31, 2021
Hi guys,

Currently, I just bought a new ASUS TUF RTX 3080ti, which is an upgrade from my 1070. However, after installing the new GPU, I got 5 short beeps without any booting screen. When I swapped back to my old 1070, the pc was just working fine. Can you guys help me out on this one? Thanks a lot.

My system is:
  • CPU: i7-8700
  • Mainboard: Gigabyte Z370M D3H
  • PSU: Cooler Master V1000 80 plus gold
  • RAM: 64 GB

This sounds more like an issue with the CPU or the motherboard itself, imo. Do you also have the latest BIOS installed on this PC ?

First of all, are you booting your system in UEFI or CSM mode ? Just make sure the CPU, GPU and other components are properly seated on the board, and the CPU cooler is also installed properly. Check all the power connectors and cables.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021
I’m booting in UEFI. Everything was just seated properly since the old GPU still worked fine when I swapped it back. I will check the bios but it‘s quite confused when the rig worked fine with the old GPU

Jul 31, 2021
After update the lastest bios, there was no beep sound, however it did not boot. No post screen or anything although there was power and all the lights were on.

Jul 31, 2021
One question: Are there any LEDs lit up at the PCIe ports on the gpu?
Yes there was a line of light indicate that the power went to the PCIE slot. The old 1070 uses only 1 8 pin power connector, but the 3080ti requires 2 8 pin connector. Is there a matter of the order of connecting those 2x8 pin ?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
No, not the PCIe slot, but the two 8pin sockets. Sorry, I should've been more clear.

It took me a bit to find a pic of what I'm referring to:
iu

Are the LEDs on your card lit up like in the picture above, except white?

Jul 31, 2021
No, not the PCIe slot, but the two 8pin sockets. Sorry, I should've been more clear.

It took me a bit to find a pic of what I'm referring to:
iu

Are the LEDs on your card lit up like in the picture above, except white?
Ah there are no Leds, although the fans are spinning and RGB were on

Jul 31, 2021
Ok, so it's not what I was suspecting, which was the psu.
White LEDs pop up on those sockets when the psu is really not up to par, but that's not happening here.

That's all I had.

I overlooked this question earlier, but the answer to this one is no.
Thanks anyway man. This problem is really a pain to me