[SOLVED] 50-60 fps on 144hz without freesync

May 1, 2019
So i want to get a pc and a 144hz monitor for $800 budget.
The problem is that i want to mainly play csgo , take breaks and play other games like assasins creed unity , witcher 3 etc.
$400 computers can run csgo 144fps but they won't run witcher 3 even on 80 , so i have to get a decent pc.

I wanted to buy a zotac 1060 6gb , but the 144hz monitor i want to get only supports freesync. Does freesync work with 1060 ?
I don't really know what to do , is the 144hz even worth it?

And if i buy an 1060 with zowie 144hz monitor that doesn't have freesync will the 60fps look crappy on 144hz , for example in witcher 3

Last edited:
Solution
60 FPS would never look crappy. And yes, Nvidia cards do support Freesync monitors. However, at 60 FPS on a 144Hz monitor without Freesync, you won't notice much, if not any, tearing. This is because the screen refreshes so much that any frame that had 'teared' will be quickly replaced.
60 FPS would never look crappy. And yes, Nvidia cards do support Freesync monitors. However, at 60 FPS on a 144Hz monitor without Freesync, you won't notice much, if not any, tearing. This is because the screen refreshes so much that any frame that had 'teared' will be quickly replaced.

Solution