50% cpu usage but temprature reaches 100 degrees celsius while gaming

Dec 8, 2018
My specs are:
ASUS B85M-G Mobo
Core i5-4590
8gb DDR3 ram
R9-280x
My problem is that as soon as i run a game the temps start rising quickly untill it reaches 99 degree c even at 50% cpu usage

Dec 8, 2018

i am using intel stock cooler,at idle, tempratures are between 40 and 50 degree celsius,but as soon as i run a game it reaches 99 degrees and stays there continuesly unless i exit the game

i have never reapplied thermal paste,the paste that comes with intel stock cooler is still there

i am using intel stock cooler,at idle, tempratures are between 40 and 50 degree celsius,but as soon as i run a game it reaches 99 degrees and stays there continuesly unless i exit the game

i have never reapplied thermal paste,the paste that comes with intel stock cooler is still there

There's your problem. I'd upgrade the cooler which will more than likely come with new paste.

Dec 8, 2018

ok i removed the stock cooler and checked and there was no thermal paste at all there,i applied thermal paste and now it remains below 70 degrees at 100% utiliazation but now there is a new problem,after playing any game for 5-10 minutes the screen goes black and i have to force shut down the PC,what is it now?