[SOLVED] 50% CPU usage when moving mouse

captainpiggy19234

Prominent
Oct 4, 2017
I have recently been noticing that my CPU ramps up to 50% when I move my cursor the slightest amount. I have noticed this happening ever since I downloaded a game called Deltarune. I checked the file for malware just in case and it came up with nothing. I also deleted the file after it got worse. At first, I thought it only happened when I was on Google Chrome but I found out that it also happens when nothing is opened. I don't have anything else in my task manager that is causing the high CPU usage that I am aware of. It might not be too much of a problem but it is really bothering me.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Pentium G4400
GPU: Power Color RX 460
PSU: Corsair CX430
RAM: Apacer 8GB DDR4 2133 MHz
HDD: 1TB Hitatch 7200RPM

Solution
Make sure you have the latest motherboard bios version installed.

Check to see whether there are any newer drivers available for your motherboard from it's product page. Update any drivers that have newer versions for the chipset, storage controllers, audio and network adapters if there are any on the motherboard product support page.

If EVERYTHING is up to date, and I DON'T mean according to Windows update, check the current bios and driver versions available against what are currently installed, then you may need to do a clean install of Windows.

Windows 10 Clean install tutorial
Make sure you have the latest motherboard bios version installed.

Check to see whether there are any newer drivers available for your motherboard from it's product page. Update any drivers that have newer versions for the chipset, storage controllers, audio and network adapters if there are any on the motherboard product support page.

If EVERYTHING is up to date, and I DON'T mean according to Windows update, check the current bios and driver versions available against what are currently installed, then you may need to do a clean install of Windows.

Windows 10 Clean install tutorial

Solution