Question 500-600W PSU with these connection types???

Nov 19, 2022
I am thinking of upgrading my PSU which is only 240W to around 500W or 600W to allow for a graphics card upgrade. Does anyone know of a suitable one as the 3 connections (search google images for pc9055 to see them) don't seem to be common. The PSU is a HP PC9055 240W. All voltages are 12V. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
The problem is threefold: prebuilt, small form factor (and not a standard one), and old. You're almost going to have to find a compatible HP PSU for this exact model.

If a GPU upgrade is actually worthwhile on this PC and the PSU upgrade is necessary, then the best option is almost certainly going to be an overhaul that involves a new motherboard and case.

Nov 19, 2022
The problem is threefold: prebuilt, small form factor (and not a standard one), and old. You're almost going to have to find a compatible HP PSU for this exact model.

If a GPU upgrade is actually worthwhile on this PC and the PSU upgrade is necessary, then the best option is almost certainly going to be an overhaul that involves a new motherboard and case.

Thanks. That is sorta the conclusion I've come to but just asking in case I'm missing something obvious. Currently I've got a NVIDIA GEFORCE GT710 2GB running fine on it but it isn't strong enough for some of the games I play on it.

TRENDING THREADS