[SOLVED] 500$ Gaming PC Hardware

ThemegaHG

Prominent
Mar 26, 2019
So, I want a new pc badly, my parents are against it but since I'm spending my own money, they will limit me to 1 hour but I do not really care. So my budget is 500$.

I think that a Ryzen 5 1600 pared with a RX 570 4gb would be nice? 8gb's of ram as that's all I can afford rn.
and an ssd but I don't know any cases
If you have any recommendations please tell! red/black theme, I just want good cooling, at or under 50$ please.

The Games Id like to run 1080p high settings preferably 60FPS.
Watch Dogs 2, JC3, Heroes and Generals, War Thunder, and others when I get some.

My first dilemma is The graphics card. I though the RX 570 4GB would be enough for playing and of those given games, but I like to have chrome open to listen to usually 1 video In the background, so should I get the RX 570 8GB instead to allocate more ram to other background program(s)? would 8gb be enough even in general or would the 4gb vram compensate to allow for slight multitasking?

And when people say that the cpu loves fast ram, How fast? and what difference does it make? can I get 2144 ram or 2666, and what would change?

Also Im planning on upgrading SO, In 3-4 years I can upgrade almost any part of this pc. So If I got the RX 570 (please tell me witch one is best, and If 8gb is better or not for my 1080p needs) with the 5 1600, with whatever ram based off of your replies, Would It all be worth it and be able to run the games I recommended at that res and that FPS?

WildCard999

Titan
Vram doesn't allocate to multitasking, just for the graphics. The difference between 2133 & 3200mhz could be as high as 20 FPS so your better off with faster memory.

This would handle 1080P/High to medium settings/60 FPS on most games.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor ($132.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M-HDV R4.0 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($68.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Team - Vulcan 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($55.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($34.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: PowerColor - Radeon RX 570 4 GB RED DRAGON Video Card ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Case: DIYPC - Ranger-R4-R ATX Mid Tower Case ($30.96 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($42.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $496.57
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-27 08:16 EDT-0400

Reactions: ElectrO_90

ThemegaHG

Prominent
Mar 26, 2019
Thank you for the great responses!

Do you have any recommendations for case fans to keep it really cool? I do not care too much about how loud it is, and Is this the best case for airflow? How many case fans should I get? Is this the best case I could get? I'm willing to pay up to 50$ for a case and just need a relatively good cable management, ( I don't realllly need any external bays) and hopefully very good airflow. (also the black {maby red} design please?)

Would the rx 570 be the best for my money or would it be worth it to get a 580 if I could stress a tiny bit more money? Would It work to just get the 570 that you recommended and then upgrade 4 years later? Would the bit of extra cash even make too much of a difference in those games?

Sorry for even more questions. But thank you so much for helping me.

WildCard999

Titan
The DIY case I listed above is good for the price. Red/Black theme with 1 intake on the front, 1 intake on the side and 1 fan in the rear for exhaust. If the side fan is set for exhaust then swap it around for intake as that will help out a lot with GPU/CPU temps.

As for the RX 570 it's a great card for the price but if possible you may be able to find a deal locally, snagged my Asus RX 580 4gb for $160.

WildCard999

Titan
With memory prices being pretty low there's really no reason not to get 16gb currently as good 2x8gb kits @3200 (needed for Ryzen) can be found under $100 and you'll want the 16gb as newer AAA games are recommended with it although you typically don't see that much usage.

1)

Case Fan: be quiet! - Pure Wings 2 120 51.4 CFM 120mm Fan ($10.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $10.89
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-31 12:38 EDT-0400

2) Yea get the RX 580.

3) PWM fans can speeds can be changed via software or BIOS. Non PWM will run at a consistent speed but if you get quiet fans with good airflow then you won't need to mess around with speeds and can focus on gaming or whatever your doing (see answer 1).

4) Your welcome!

WildCard999

Titan
1 Final Relpy!
(Thank you so much again!)

So does this look alright?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

1) Is the case really a good case? Some of the reviews were slightly off putting. (Does it come with case exaust fan? If so then is it good or should I get a third fan?)

2) Just a very small question, Does the recommended case have external bays? I don't reallly need it if It is a pro of the case.

2) Still thank you for even trying to help me with everything!!!
You need to post the permalink.

WildCard999

Titan
1 Final Relpy!
(Thank you so much again!)

So does this look alright?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tv6F29

1) Is the case really a good case? Some of the reviews were slightly off putting. (Does it come with case exaust fan? If so then is it good or should I get a third fan?)

2) Just a very small question, Does the recommended case have external bays? I don't reallly need it if It is a pro of the case.

2) Still thank you for even trying to help me with everything!!!

1) I wouldn't bother with the extra fans for that case, 3 should be plenty. For $30 you can't really expect a higher end case but for what it has it's pretty good. The rear fan is setup as exhaust which is fine, just make sure the front & side are set for intake. Plus it also comes with dust filters which is actually pretty good considering the price.

2) It says it supports 5.25" devices but doesn't say how many. Screw-less design per the specs.

All in all the build looks good for the price and there's really nothing I could recommend further to cut cost that wouldn't impact performance.

WildCard999

Titan
No problem!

The case is much nicer then the DIY one, Phanteks makes really good cases and if you wanted to do that Black/Red theme you could snag some Red LED or RGB fans.

Case Fan: Thermaltake - Riing 12 LED Red 40.6 CFM 120mm Fan ($10.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $10.89
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-31 19:01 EDT-0400

There's also the Black/Red version of the case although it's not on sale and $10 more.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811854071

WildCard999

Titan
Lots of RGB!!!

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor ($79.99)
Motherboard: MSI - B450M GAMING PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: GeIL - SUPER LUCE RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: ADATA - XPG SX850 256 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus - Radeon RX 580 8 GB AREZ Dual OC Video Card ($169.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Phanteks - Eclipse P300 Tempered Glass (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($42.98 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Thermaltake - Riing 12 LED Red 40.6 CFM 120mm Fan ($10.89 @ OutletPC)
Case Fan: Thermaltake - Riing 14 LED Red 51.15 CFM 140mm Fan ($11.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case Fan: Thermaltake - Riing 14 LED Red 51.15 CFM 140mm Fan ($11.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $604.78
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-31 19:07 EDT-0400

Front 2x140mm as intake, Top 1x140mm as exhaust & Rear 1x120mm as exhaust.

Solution

ThemegaHG

Prominent
Mar 26, 2019
Lol! Thank you for putting that list together lol.

I dont really know how to work rgb though? If theres any rainbow components can I make em just red?

How to even work rgb? any extra plugins? ^ ^ ^

WildCard999

Titan
Lol! Thank you for putting that list together lol.

I dont really know how to work rgb though? If theres any rainbow components can I make em just red?

How to even work rgb? any extra plugins? ^ ^ ^
Well that build the fans are red so no software needed, only the motherboard software (Asus Sync) for the memory. If the case fans were RGB they typically hook up to a RGB Fan HUB and is controlled via software.

WildCard999

Titan
The Thermaltake Riing fans are pretty mild. If you look at the CM RGB fans I have (my PCPer link) they get quite bright but everything I have is software controlled so they can be changed to any color or turned off within like 10 seconds.

To be honest, get the Phanteks case for now and hold off on additional fans. Get it up and running and monitor temps. In the meantime look at different RGB setups and different fan designs and then make your decision based on that.

WildCard999

Titan