Question 500 GB (YES GB) or slightly more for Bitdefender Internet Security ?

Aug 7, 2019
I have 1 TB SSD (Raid 1) running on Windows 10 64bit .I had installed Bitdefender Internet Security for about 6 months say. At beginning I had loads Free space, but then gradually seemed to fill up and then found I only had 80GB left then 15GB I could not get head around why ,even though I deleted folders/files I was heading towards oblivion.
Last night I found https://windirstat.net/ AND I noted after running that Bitdefender was using OVER 500GB ,mostly it appeared in temp files/folders. I Uninstalled Bitdefender and immediately the Free space went way back into 650GB free .
I PRESUME for some reason Temp files were not being purged, but why not and why so large a space used ?.

WHAT would have likely caused that ?. It was not a virus I dont think, but perhaps something to do with RAID ??
Any ideas welcome.

Lutfij

Titan
RAID 1 is a mirror array, are both SSD's the same make and model? Might want to check and see which version of Windows 10 you're currently on. Also, take note of which BIOS version your motherboard is on.

Aug 7, 2019
Yes both SSD's are exactly same. I am on latest Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit and have installed latest update somewhile ago. However as for Raid since i got the system 6 months ago when I boot up sometimes RAID shows as Critical ,and then goes back to Normal if I reboot. Strange, but wonder how/whether that could be cause of problem ? (not on it at mo as at brothers)

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019
I should say that I have noticed since I REMOVED BITDEFENDER from my Raid 1 System I no longer get the "RAID 1 IS CRITICAL" message and all shows as normal. So I can only assume it was the way Bitdefender works (and/or was MISworking) that caused the "RAID 1 is Critical" message when booting up)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Storage 0