Question 500 GB (YES GB) or slightly more for Bitdefender Internet Security ?

Aug 7, 2019
I have 1 TB SSD (Raid 1) running on Windows 10 64bit .I had installed Bitdefender Internet Security for about 6 months say. At beginning I had loads Free space, but then gradually seemed to fill up and then found I only had 80GB left then 15GB I could not get head around why ,even though I deleted folders/files I was heading towards oblivion.
Last night I found https://windirstat.net/ AND I noted after running that Bitdefender was using OVER 500GB ,mostly it appeared in temp files/folders. I Uninstalled Bitdefender and immediately the Free space went way back into 650GB free .
I PRESUME for some reason Temp files were not being purged, but why not and why so large a space used ?.

WHAT would have likely caused that ?. It was not a virus I dont think, but perhaps something to do with RAID ??
Any ideas welcome.

Aug 7, 2019
Yes both SSD's are exactly same. I am on latest Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit and have installed latest update somewhile ago. However as for Raid since i got the system 6 months ago when I boot up sometimes RAID shows as Critical ,and then goes back to Normal if I reboot. Strange, but wonder how/whether that could be cause of problem ? (not on it at mo as at brothers)

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019
I should say that I have noticed since I REMOVED BITDEFENDER from my Raid 1 System I no longer get the "RAID 1 IS CRITICAL" message and all shows as normal. So I can only assume it was the way Bitdefender works (and/or was MISworking) that caused the "RAID 1 is Critical" message when booting up)